Goals:
Organization is definitely my prioritized goal for this semester. I want to be a teacher who has well kept files on assessment, and has a neat and tidy room, and like getting up early in the morning, I will not attain this by simply starting one day. It will take practice, and so practice I will make.
I hope to be working with 3rd graders this semester, so I think it is also one of my goals to really know my stuff, and that means preparing beforehand. I don't want to get caught in the wind, when a kid asks me for help with a fraction problem (oooo fractions, I hate fractions!)
I want to reach out even more to other staff and the principal. When I got my B. Ed, I just assumed that everyone would want to call me (I mean a male teaching Kindergarten, I would be a no-brainer). Now I know that will not be the case. I have to work at connections, and building my network.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel ya about the mornings. I have been getting up before 6 since August and I think I like it less now. It definitely helps to have a morning routine.
ReplyDeleteOrganization is a great goal! It is so easy to get comfortable and slip behind in assessments, lesson plans, and the on going to do list. Good luck on your goals this semester!
Organization is going to be key! It really does take practice. I'm the worst about cleaning up after myself and the demands of the classroom does not help in that area either! I never understood why my mother (also a teacher) would stay in her classroom to all hours of the evening/weekends in her classroom when I would much rather have her at home. Now I realize why, since I now find myself in my classroom any moment I have free time...a continuous cycle of organization!
ReplyDelete